Renowned throughout the world for innovation: CARL WALTHER. The history of Carl Walther began with an innovation. In 1886 the gunsmith Carl Walther and his son Fritz created the first semi-automatic pistol. The innovative spirit of the founders has lived on in the company to this day. At Carl Walther innovation is a tradition.
State-of-the-art research and production facility in Ulm. Fritz Walther, who re-established the company in Ulm following World War II, preserved this spirit. In 1993, when the company joined what is now the PW Group, its invaluable store of knowledge became the foundation for forward-looking investments. In 2006 Carl Walther opened a state-of-the-art research and production facility occupying more than 12,000 square meters. Here the visions of tomorrow are now becoming a reality. The company museum holds impressive documentation of this illustrious history, which goes back more than 120 years. A museum visit is available only for groups with advance reservation.
Certified quality management and environmental management. Carl Walther weapons are manufactured according to the highest standards. Quality management and environmental management are certified as per DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 and DIN EN ISO 14001:2009. Customers and partners can thus be sure of outstanding quality and flexible, reliable service.
Top-quality weapons for sport, defense and police use. Today Carl Walther is one of the leading manufacturers of sporting and police weapons. Police units, soldiers and sport shooters have the highest regard for the company’s sophisticated rifles and handguns. And among collectors, legendary Walther weapons are sought after collector’s objects.
For sport shooters
- Adjustment and tuning of weapons
- Selection of suitable ammunition
- Special shooting ranges for sport shooters
- Complete range of special equipment and measuring instruments
- Technical training by Carl Walther representatives
For police units
- Interactive shooting range for police training, with state-of-the-art assessment tools
- Special shooting range for endurance tests
- Extensive facilities for police seminars and workshop training
- Special areas for quality checks by police officers
- Equipment for special tests such as drop tests, sand and mud tests, and temperature tests
- Super-high-speed movie camera for error analysis